Rutgers Prep School
School Finds BAYweb Internet Thermostats Key to Energy Savings
Rutgers Preparatory School is an independent, co-ed, college prep school in Somerset, NJ, with a campus building space of approximately 162,841 square feet.
The school had a goal to reduce energy usage and associated costs. A contributing factor to their energy costs were the frequent temperature adjustments made to building thermostats by unauthorized personnel. Those extreme temperature modifications typically remained in place over long weekends, snow days, even vacations, wasting more energy and straining HVAC equipment.
After three years of research and testing options to meet their goals, Rutgers chose BAYweb internet thermostats. Since installation, Rutgers has identified at least a 20 percent savings in energy costs and has benefited from many of the BAYweb system features.
Read more below or download a PDF
- Rutgers Preparatory School, in Somerset, New Jersey, is an independent coeducational college prep school for pre-kindergarten through grade 12.
- Campus building space encompasses 162,841 gross square feet, with approximate 670 students enrolled at the school.
- The school had a goal to reduce energy usage and associated costs.
- A related concern involved unauthorized people making frequent, major adjustments to the building thermostats. Those extreme temperature modifications usually remained in place over long weekends, snow days, even vacations, wasting more energy and straining HVAC equipment.
- Prerequisites for a solution included ease of use and reliability. The school devoted three years to research all available options. Rutgers’ facility manager, a retired micro electronics engineer, researched and tested those options.
- Ultimately, Rutgers chose BAYweb thermostats over the competition, determining BAYweb to be “well thought out with a superior level of control, reporting, and measurement capabilities.”
- BAYweb was found to be more economical and easier to use and install than the competitors.
- Since installing BAYweb thermostats, Rutgers has identified at least a 20 percent savings in energy costs! And, has achieved added savings through the ability to monitor multiple points and components.
- Rutgers is very pleased with BAYweb System reporting tools, and the ability to identify an HVAC problem before becoming an emergency.
Key Technologies and Implementation
- Reliability and ease of use.
- Inclusive, relevant system health and efficiency reports with graphical data.
- Control one-to-thousands of heating and cooling units at the same time.
- No additional cost for the BAYweb cloud-based system.
- Increased visibility, access, and unlimited temperature control through Internet monitoring and alerts, accessible from a smartphone, tablet or laptop.