Bullock Oil Convenience Store
Convenience Store Lowers Expenses Using BAYweb Cloud Service
Founded in 1989, Bullock Oil Company is a retail convenience and gas business located in southern Indiana and adjoining Kentucky counties. Including their Cowboy Food Store facilities, the company has 21 locations, and approximately 130 employees, serving 13 counties.
Prior to installing BAYweb internet thermostats, Bullock Oil Company store employees would frequently adjust the old thermostats to inefficient settings. This practice caused the HVAC system to run at 100 percent for extended periods leading to system overload and unit failure. The overwhelmed HVAC system would lock-out employees and require the need for costly maintenance personnel to be called onsite to reset the system.
Making the change to the BAYweb remote control and monitoring system resulted in big savings to Bullock Oil Company’s maintenance service and energy costs.
Read more below or download a PDF
- Bullock Oil Company, founded in 1989, is a retail convenience and gas business located in southern Indiana and adjoining Kentucky counties.
- With 21 locations, including their Cowboy Food Store facilities, the company serves 13 counties and has approximately 130 employees.
- With different employees at each location, Bullock Oil was having problems with temperature control, and excessive HVAC maintenance requirements.
- The store operators were setting the former thermostats so low to cause the HVAC system to run at 100 percent for lengthy time periods, which led to system overload and unit failure.
- The overwhelmed HVAC system would lock-out employees, which could only be remedied by having costly maintenance personnel come onsite to reset the system.
- Bullock Oil found a solution in the BAYweb Professional model Internet thermostat.
- By taking advantage of BAYweb’s remote monitoring capability, Bullock Oil was able to adjust the temperature in the stores and create standard set points for each location using a Smartphone, tablet, or PC. This eliminated unnecessary travel to and from stores, and unexpected unit failures.
- Utilizing the thermostat’s extra temperature inputs, Bullock Oil is also able to monitor the climate of walk-in coolers and food cases; an alert is sent directly to the appropriate person regarding any temperature change.
- Additionally, supply temperature sensors give Bullock Oil the ability to view the performance and history of each location’s HVAC system, leading to more comprehensive energy management and increased savings.
- Bullock Oil experienced ROI through maintenance service savings, even before recognizing the energy costs savings.
Key Technologies and Implementation
- Control one-to-thousands of HVAC units at the same time.
- Supply temperature sensors.
- Increased visibility, access, and unlimited temperature control through Internet monitoring.