Bowl New England
Bowl New England Bowling Centers Realize 26% Energy Savings With BAYweb
Bowl New England, Inc., is the Northeast’s largest private, family-owned bowling enterprise. Bowl New England has 20 bowling centers across seven states, with 125 heating and cooling units throughout the facilities.
Within six months, Bowl New England saw a 26 percent energy savings in the buildings with BAYweb.
Read more below or download a PDF
- Bowl New England, Inc., is the Northeast’s largest private, family-owned bowling enterprise.
- Bowl New England has 20 bowling centers across seven states, with 125 heating and cooling units throughout the facilities.
- Bowl New England’s HVAC service manager noticed customers were adjusting the temperature to extreme levels, then leaving the HVAC systems to run for weeks at inefficient settings.
- The HVAC units became overworked, causing small, overlooked maintenance problems, which lead to unnecessary energy costs.
- Bowl New England chose BAYweb after evaluating three different internet thermostats. To prove the effectiveness, Bowl New England compared energy costs of two identical buildings, both built in the 1950s and designed by the same architect. A BAYweb™ thermostat was installed in one of the buildings while the other retained the original thermostat.
- Within six months, Bowl New England saw a 26 percent energy savings in the building with BAYweb.
- With the old thermostats, Bowl New England found the employees would set them once and neglect to readjust them. With BAYweb in place they set the temperature to 60° when unoccupied. Then, when occupied, the system brings the temperature up within one hour.
- BAYweb thermostats alerted Bowl New England’s service manager to a bad compressor at one of the facilities. Data from the supply temperature sensors showed the bad compressor was producing higher than normal temperatures during the cooling cycle, and the service manager was able to repair the compressor in a timely fashion.
Key Technologies and Implementation
- Supply temperature sensors allow a user to see actual temperatures at the source, allowing them to repair any problems quickly, before becoming major, more costly issues.
- BAYweb’s helpful customer support promptly fixed small problems using Bowl New England’s feedback to adjust the system when needed.
- Control one-to-thousands of HVAC units at the same time.
- Increased visibility, access, and unlimited temperature control through Internet monitoring and alerts.